Thursday, February 11, 2010

FUNNIGHT!

Something about an upright position on a bike just puts me in a good mood. I guess the sunny day might have had something to do with it. I might still be jacked up on adrenaline from the movie I saw last night with my roommate on our man-date. Maybe the looming Notofficial Ben’s Cycle’s Funnight has got me all riled up. Who knows.

FYE:The Funnight starts here at the shop at beer:30pm, then pedals up to Trocadero for the WI. Bike Fed. Love Your Bike Party, and so on to Turner to see the .357 String Band. If you’re a local, stop by the shop in the neck-of- the-woods of 6:30pm, we’ll head out after we close up.


I chose the freshly finished R.O.D. bike for tonight’s adventures. The Axiom Rack Streamline rack needed some modification but is pretty sweet. I like its low profile. The SKS commuter fenders hit the spot, too. The rear stops at about 10 o’clock, so even with track ends, the rear wheel is easily removable. That’s cool. I will have to apologize to whoever is riding behind me as they will not be so protected from the spray. I’ll order in a set of the fenders for stock.

Song of the Week for an old friend. I'm no Deadhead, he is.


Have a weekend.

Steve Z

No comments:

Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Ride a Single Speed

Over the last few years, biking to work and for leisure has become an important lifestyle for many people in Milwaukee and Madison, Wis...