Thursday, January 7, 2010

Alabama, Arkansas

After a a season of this with a trusty Sram iMotion 3 speed, I decided I wanted real gears for next year. After a failed attempt at selling the frame, I found a use for it. There is a river of despair and then some between the girl and I. So a river of despair bike it will be.



After hating on the new FSA Metropolis bars a bit, I grabbed one and installed it "high flyer" style. I added some Avid FR-5 Levers and some Single Digit 7's, too. All pretty economy really. This way, set up as a single speed, I should be able to flip the bars and switch the brake cables around easily to enjoy the "low rider" option. It is going to need some fenders and a rack and/or basket yet. I'm thinking SKS Commuter fenders and a Axiom Streamliner rear rack. Depending how they work, maybe we'll get some for stock. Any thoughts? I'll post the finished product when its done.

I'll leave you with a favorite song of the week.
Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
I like it but I wouldn't drink the kool-aid...

Steve Z

No comments:

Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Ride a Single Speed

Over the last few years, biking to work and for leisure has become an important lifestyle for many people in Milwaukee and Madison, Wis...