The cyclocross season starts in just over two months, and Ben's/ Milwaukee Bicycle Company is your source for everything you need!
For those of you who don't know about cross, racers get to ride usually in parks, over grass, sand, pavement, and mud. They are forced to get off their bikes and run over barriers and up hills. It's a bit of NASCAR, steeplechase, and a bike obstacle course all mixed up in a crazy blend of fun on bikes.
The cross season typically starts in September and runs until the national championships in the U.S. in January. So that means cross weather can be beautiful, warm, and sunny or it can be cold, icy, and snowy, or somewhere in the middle.
It's an awesome sport, one for everyone to try at least once.
Here's are ten great reasons to rely on Ben's and Milwaukee Bicycle Company to support you during the whole cross season.
1. Our Mettle, the Milwaukee Bicycle Company cyclocross bike, is one of the best cross bikes available.
2. We stock Specialized Crux bikes in both aluminum and carbon. We also stock the Focus Mares cross bikes, and we can order a variety of other bikes for you.
3. We run a series of cyclocross clinics that start in August. Details coming soon!
4. The Milwaukee Bicycle Company sponsors Cross-Shooshko, a cyclocross race Oct. 4 at Kosciusko Park. Details coming soon.
5. We build disc and non-disc wheels with your choice of hubs (Chris King, White, Shimano, DT Swiss), spokes, and rims for clincher, clincher tubeless, and tubular.
6. We glue tubular cross tires.
7. We stock a huge variety of tubular and clincher tires, wheels, shoes, cleats, and other bike parts for the cross season.
8. We offer specials during the season on bike cleaning where you bring your bike in on Monday, we clean the mud and grime off, re-lube the chain and cables, adjust the brakes, and get the bike back to you Tuesday or Wednesday.
9. Our highly-trained mechanics are able to fix any problem you bring us, including mechanical and hydraulic disc brake issues.
10. Our shop-sponsored team, the Milwaukee Bicycle Company Race Team, has some of the best cross racers in the region and will race throughout the Midwest.
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Over the last few years, biking to work and for leisure has become an important lifestyle for many people in Milwaukee and Madison, Wis...
Photo by Map Cycles So, one of my personal favorite handlebar is the Arc Bar . It puts you a little upright so it's a chill position ...
PDF Version of the Honjo Koken Fender Mudguards Catalog Click Here To see our large selection of Honjo Mudguards Click Here ...